I’ve finally gotten the halloween picts together from the ZooBoo and a few other places.
Witchymama & angel baby
I liked the light on this one but I’m not sure how well it looks onscreen
Oops, I accidently shot that squirrel with my best love arrow!
Bruce and Sam contemplating Sam’s costume inspiration.
Sam and wagon.
Sam & Bruce SHARE the wagon.
Bruce & Ixchel SHARE the wagon.
The wagon was more popular than candy or animals!
Flamenco queen Ixchel with her royal steed, daddy.
Cupid Bruce tries to ride the wrong bucking bronco.
So this was taken a few days before Halloween but I’m just dying to know what they’re thinking. I’m guessing that Ixchel is thinking, “I can’t believe they’re making sit next to this dirty boy.” Bruce is thinking, “I’m cool - can I pick my nose now.” And Charlie the dog is thinking, “She’s looks more comfy.”
What have we been doing the last few months!? Most of our efforts have been concentrated on getting the studio apartment at least far enough along to spend a couple of days up there in relative comfort (dirty but warm–no indoor bathroom yet). We’ve got the hot water in. The tank is an Aquastar on demand and we’ve also got the other components in: sediment filter, UV filter.
The kitchen sink should be hooked up in a few more days — we’re finishing some tile work for the triple sink’s backsplash. We’ve been working on a length of earthern floor that is under where the sink will be installed. However, we’ve had some problems with water–too much in the initial mix which resulted in serious cracking (we’ve had no cracking on the other 6 test pour patches), then leaks from the hot water plumbing which sprayed everywhere damaging the sink’s earthern floor plus washing out the crack repairs we’d made. This won’t be our prettiest floor.
Belinda putting the scratch coat on the kitchen wall.
Wall with finish coat, interior plumbing, & damaged earthern floor.
The propane gas lines and two one hundred gallon tanks are also in. They tested leak free and are now connected to the hot water heater and nearly restored 1951 Roper range. We gave the stove a serious cleaning (invovling much scraping and ammonia), and reamed all the holes on the various fittings that were blocked by corrosion so we’ll get a full ring of flame. All the valves were cleaned, regreased, and now turn easily. The oven thermostat was sent off to be rebuilt and is now back and in place. We were hoping to have the insulation replaced by now as well but are having trouble ordering it. Yeserday, we heated our first pot of water! Great to retire the old Coleman.
The woodstove is keeping the interior fairly comfortable considering the dirt floor and plastic sheeting that still comprises the second floor wall. Eventually the rocket stove bench will provide additional heat–one firing should heat it’s thermal mass enough to radiate for 6-8 hours with underfloor tubing carrying the heated air to the distant parts of the area.
The solar array is completely up and being wired, as are the power station components in the barn, and the storage batteries are next. We hope to have power (in addition to the generator) by Thanksgiving. We are having dinner up there and lights would be nice!!
Wink finishing the wiring.
Early Stages of the Solar Array (Bruce, Eric, and Taylor)
Wee Bruce helping mommy & dadday put in the last bolts on the solar array.
We’re stil logging in Mountainair. We also got the sawmill up and running finally. Cuts like butter.
Wink hard at work slicing wood.
We put in the branched gray water drain system. It goes from the barn to the pear/plum orchard. It will serve 15 trees on 3 separate nodes.
Wee Bruce helping Anna drive the trencher.
Eric plumbing the graywater.
Too cute to leave out (Bruce Orion and Pudge).
Off topic but pretty. Asters gone wild. This is a spot located at the junction of 217 & 14.